|Custom ABAP Solutions are development projects that are created using
SAP's WAS (Web Application Server, former known as ABAP Development
Workbench) development environment. They can be as simple as a report to
serve a specific requirement, or as complex as a whole system comprised of
online transactions, batch programs, user interfaces and modules to
integrate third-party application systems. I am offering to meet your
specific development needs as further described below:
Reports and Specialty Programs
- As we all know, SAP's suite of standard software is almost too vast to
fully understand in one person's lifetime. It meets the requirements of many
clients. Still, there are niche requirements that are so special that there
is need for custom development, yet they are not big enough to warrant the acquisition
of a specialist third-party solution.
- Also, to avoid costly custom solutions, sometimes SAP's standard programs
are stretched to their limits to perform in an area where they really were
not designed to. This frequently leads to performance problems.
- Together with your process owners, end users and developers, I will
analyze your requirements and work to create efficient custom solutions that
fit your needs and avoid performance problems.
- Statistics say that the majority of all failed SAP implementation projects
did so because of issues around data conversion. Clients as well as implementers
and even SAP had gravely underestimated the complexity and effort involved.
- This includes topics like data quality in various legacy systems, data
cleansing and completing, eliminating duplicates, manual and electronic data
verification, code and standards conversion and merging, various test
uploads and user acceptance testing, as well as the final upload into SAP.
- One legend about data conversions says that they are a one-time affair and
therefore easy to handle... Obviously, this is not the case.
- I will be glad to lend my experience in this field as a partner, developer
and leader with your team to help you be successful in this crucial and
- Making different systems work together is always a challenge. Even in
times of sophisticated data integration tools, object oriented development
and open standards, the mapping of business information still requires a lot
of ground work.
- SAP provides their own interfacing tools, like ALE, BAPIs and web-related
tools to enable sophisticated and efficient system integration. Still,
experience shows that there is always need for considerable ABAP
- I will work with your interface designers to solve problems around the SAP
/ ABAP side of the equation, and work with your third-party software
specialists to make ends meet.
- The SAP user interface, the SAP GUI, is by design very generic and built
to meet a broad set of requirements. But sometimes a client has need for
their own layout to better meet user acceptance.
- Sometimes SAP transactions just don't fit, and there are needs for your
- I have designed and developed custom transactions of many sorts, and am
glad to use this expertise to improve your overall system fit and
- SAP is constantly developing specialty solutions like Industry Templates
and MiniApps. That shows that there is a need in the market for complex
blocks of functionality that go beyond the standard.
- Sometimes a specific client decides to take on the effort of developing
their own specialty solution, somewhat like their own module, made out of a
whole set of online transactions, workflows, reports and batch processes,
and based on their own data model.
- During my various projects, I have been part of several of these
development efforts. I will be glad to bring this experience into your